Q. 75.0( 1 Vote )
Show, with examples, how moral codes are indicators of social solidarity.
From the following points we can understand and conclude that moral codes are the indicators of social solidarity.
1. In social solidarity the codes of conduct were imposed on individuals by collective agreement.
2. For Durkheim, society was a social fact, which existed as a moral community and was above individuals.
3. Social solidarity exerts pressure on individuals to follow the norms and expectations of the group.
4. Moral codes are declaration of particular social conditions.
5. The moral code that is appropriate for one society may not be appropriate for other.
6. The prevailing social conditions could be the conclusions of the moral codes.
7. For example, the caste system prevailing in India is a moral code that reflects social solidarity among various groups belonging to same caste.
Rate this question :
Can you identify any ideas or theories which have led to the formation of social movements in India in recent times?NCERT - Understanding Society
Can you think of reasons why we should study the work of thinkers who died long ago? What could be some reasons to not study them?NCERT - Understanding Society
Try to find out what Marx and Weber wrote about India.NCERT - Understanding Society
What are social facts? How do we recognise them?NCERT - Understanding Society
What are the various components of a mode of production?NCERT - Understanding Society
How was the Industrial Revolution responsible for giving rise to sociology?NCERT - Understanding Society
Show, with examples, how moral codes are indicators of social solidarity.NCERT - Understanding Society
What are the basic features of bureaucracy?NCERT - Understanding Society
Why is the Enlightenment important for the development of sociology?NCERT - Understanding Society
What is the difference between ‘mechanical’ and ‘organic’ solidarity?NCERT - Understanding Society