Q. 144.0( 5 Votes )
The features of the constitution are:
• Lengthiest written constitution: With 465 articles, 25 parts and 12 schedules.
• It is a blend of rigidity and flexibility: As provisions of the constitution could be amended but there are also conditions like there must be a special majority to amend the constitution.
• Parliamentary form of the government: A responsible government at the centre and states.
• Federal system: The provision of two governments, the division of powers.
• Fundamental Rights: rights like equality, justice are awarded to every citizen.
• Universal Adult Franchise: A person above 18 years can vote.
• Single citizenship.
• Secular state: All religions are treated equally.
Rate this question :