Q. 44.4( 8 Votes )
Russian revolution brought in many changes in their society. What were they? And at challenges did they face?
The Russian Revolution brought about many social changes in the country. These changes are mentioned below :
1. USSR under the leadership of Stalin tried to end small-scale production by forcing all small and large farmers to surrender their lands and join collective farms.
2. In this system, all the land, machinery, and raw material were pooled. The farmers worked together and distributed the produce among members. The main idea was to shift from small-scale farming to large-scale farming to use new techniques extensively on a large scale.
3. Many farmers resisted this, leading to imprisonment and even death. This also led to widescale starvation and famine.
4. All industries were owned by the state which did not allow the free market and sold the industrial products to the consumers directly.
5. A proper schooling system was developed. Arrangements were also made for factory workers to enter universities. Creches were set up for children of working women in factories.
6. USSR achieved full employment and improved the standard of living of its citizens.
7. Universalization of literacy and primary education was also achieved.
The challenges faced by Russia are mentioned below :
1. In 1917, Russia and Germany were at war.
2. The economy had deteriorated.
3. The British, French and US refused to recognize their government
4. The people widely resisted some of this changes.
Rate this question :
Locate the following in the map of the world.
i) Germany ii) Italy iii) Austria iv) U.S.A. v) China vi) Russia vii) BritainTelangana Board - Social Science
Prepare a few slogans on the prevention of wars and promotion of peace.Telangana Board - Social Science
What challenges were faced by Germany during the Great Depression and how did Nazi rulers and Hitler make use of it?Telangana Board - Social Science
List the measures taken under the idea of welfare state under Great Depression and explain how similar or different they are from that of the reforms that emerged under the USSR?Telangana Board - Social Science
Read the para 1 of page 169 i.e; “This started a great experiment ......... language, etc” and write your opinion on it.Telangana Board - Social Science
Russian revolution brought in many changes in their society. What were they? And at challenges did they face?Telangana Board - Social Science
How did the idea of nation states and nationalism influence desire for war during World Wars?Telangana Board - Social Science
Compare different points of view about the Great Depression, which one would you agree? Why?Telangana Board - Social Science
Write a short note on various causes of two World Wars. Do you think any of these features are prevalent even today in countries around the world? How?Telangana Board - Social Science