1. The apprehensions of Mahatma Gandhi when he started his Dandi March were:
i. He will not be allowed to reach Dandi,
ii. He might be arrested on the way.
2. Gandhiji said that the government deserved to be congratulated because he was allowed to reach Dandi by the government who displayed freedom and patience towards him.
3. ‘‘The Salt March was significant.’’ This statement is explained below:
i. Gandhiji came in a positive limelight.
ii. A large number of women actively participated in it.
iii. The Britishers became apprehensive about their future in India.
iv. The whole nation wholeheartedly supported this movement.
1. Mahatma Gandhi was critical of the modern age because the man would become a slave to machinery and labour would be completely erupted.
2. ‘‘The wheel is itself an exquisite piece of machinery.’’ This statement of Gandhiji is explained below:
i. The wheel is a sign of progress.
ii. It helped the poor to earn their livelihood and become self-reliant.
iii. The poor could easily use it in their own house.
3. The importance given by Gandhiji to the charkha is explained below:
i. It helped to promote the concept of self-reliance.
ii. It helped to provide a source of income to the poor.
iii. It did not glorify machinery.
Rate this question :