Q. 113.5( 2 Votes )
The paragraph is about the civilizing mission of France in Vietnam. Vietnam had the unfortunate fate to the colony of many countries like British, France, etc. The education sector is the field which is most carefully handled by the colonial country because education was the most effective tool in social and cultural transformation. The colonial country needs their colony to be civilized because it could benefit them in their administrative process.
Civilising the colony is agreeable because:
1) Though a small section gets an education, it leaves the probability to extend literacy and awareness
2) Education in natives leads to empowerment
3) Literacy helps natives to be aware of the ill effects of colonialism
4) Reading helps the natives to be updated in the socio-cultural events.
5) The early phase of the education will only include glorified text-books about the colonial country, but later freedom to read would enable the natives with the power of reasoning.
6) Later the educated minority will get more control over freedom movements and nationalist revolts for freedom which can be extended to the majority.
Rate this question :
Match the fTelangana Board - Social Science