Q. 3 C5.0( 1 Vote )
We know that, area of a square with side √a will be a.
[Area of square = (side)2]
Also, we can draw a square with area equal to a rectangle, we will use the area of rectangle in order to make the area equal to square.
side = √31 cm
Area of square = 31 cm2
Area of rectangle = length × breadth = 31 cm2
Here, let’s choose length = 6.2 cm and breadth = 5 cm
1. Draw a rectangle ABCD with length, AB = 6.2 cm and breadth, BC = 5 cm.
2. Extend CD to CE, such that CE = BC = 5 cm.
3. Draw the perpendicular bisector of DE which bisects DE at O.
4. Taking O as center and OD = OE as radius, draw a semicircle.
5. Extend BC which intersects semicircle at F.
6. Draw a square CFGH taking CF as side.
Area of square CFGH = area of rectangle ABCD = 31 cm2.
Rate this question :