Steps of Construction:
1.Draw a line segment AB of length 7cm.
2. With A as centre, draw a circle with radius of length equal to 3cm.
3. With B as centre, draw a circle with radius of length equal to 2cm.
4. Draw perpendicular bisector of AB, which cuts AB at O.
5.With O as centre and radius equal to OA(or OB), draw a circle.
6.The Circle of centre O cuts the centre of centre A at C and D.
7. Join BC and BD. Then BC and BD are the required tangents.
8. The circle of centre O cuts circle of centre B at E and F.
9. Join AE and AF. Then AE and AF are the required tangents.
Rate this question :