Q. 2 E5.0( 3 Votes )
We know, that mean proportion of two number ‘a’ and ‘b’ is . In order to find the square root of each number, we will factorize them into two factors and then we will find the mean proportion of two numbers.
13 = 5 × 2.6
1. Draw a line segment AX with length greater than (5 + 2.6 = 7.6 cm).
2. From A, mark a point B on AX such that AB = 5 cm and from B mark a point C such that BC = 2.6 cm
3. Draw the perpendicular bisector of AC, such that it cuts AC at O.
4. Taking OA = OC as radius and O as center draw a semicircle.
5. Draw BD ⊥ AC such that, point D lies on the semicircle and
Here, BD is the mean proportional of AB and BC, and By construction AB = 5 cm and BC = 2.6 cm.
With the help of scale, we measure BD = 3.6 cm [Appx]
Rate this question :