Steps of construction :
1. Draw a line BC = 5.5 cm
2. Draw right bisector of BC intersecting BC which intersects BC at L.
3. Taking L as center and with radius = 3 cm draw an arc which intersect the right bisector A
4. Join AB and AC to get ∆ABC
5. Below BC, make an acute angle ∠CBX
6. Along BX mark 4 ( greater of 3 and 4 in 3/4) points B1, B2, B3, B4 at equal distances.
7. Join B4C
8. From point B3, make a line B3C' parallel to B4C , meeting BC at C'.[Choosing B3 because we need a 3:4 ratio]
9. From point B' draw a line C'A' parallel to CA.
10. A'BC' is the triangle, whose sides are three - fourth of ∆ABC
Rate this question :