Steps of Construction:
1. Draw a line segment BC = 3cm
2. With the help of compass, draw ∠B = 90°
3. Taking B as centre, 4cm as radius, draw an arc which intersects the ray at point A.
4. Join A to C
∴ ΔABC is the required triangle
Now, we need to make a triangle which is times its size
Steps of construction:
5. Draw any ray BX making an acute angle with BC on the side opposite to the vertex A.
6. Mark 5 (the greater of 3 and 5 in ) points B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 on BX so that BB1 = B1B2 = B2B3 = B3B4 = B4B5
7. Join B5C and draw a line through B3 (the 3rd point, 3 being smaller of 3 and 5 in ) parallel to B5C, to intersect BC at C’
8. Draw a line through C’ parallel to the line AC to intersect AB at A’
Thus, A’BC’ is the required triangle.
Rate this question :