Q. 265.0( 2 Votes )
Draw a ΔABC with
Given Δ ABC,
- AB = 6 cm
- AC = 8 cm
- BC = 9 cm
Steps of construction:
- Draw a base AB of 6 cm.
2. With A as center and 8 cm as the radius, draw an arc.
- With B as center and 9 cm as the radius, draw an arc which cuts the previous arc at point C.
4. Join AC and BC. Thus ΔABC is the required triangle.
5. Now, from A, draw a ray AX which makes an acute angle on the opposite side of the vertex C.
6. With A as center, mark five points A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5 on AX such that they are equidistant. i.e. AA1 = A1A2 = A2A3 = A3A4 = A4A5.
7. Join A5B and then draw a line from A3 parallel to A5B which meets the line AB at E.
8. From E, draw a line parallel to BC and meets the line AC at F.
Thus ΔAEF is the required triangle.
Rate this question :
How useful is this solution?
We strive to provide quality solutions. Please rate us to serve you better.
Try our Mini CourseMaster Important Topics in 7 DaysLearn from IITians, NITians, Doctors & Academic Experts
view all courses
Dedicated counsellor for each student
24X7 Doubt Resolution
Daily Report Card
Detailed Performance Evaluation