Sides (other than hypotenuse) = 8 cm and 6 cm
Steps of Construction:
1. Draw a line segment BC = 8 cm.
2. Construct ∠B = 90°.
3. From B extend the line till A, to form BA.
4. Join AC. ∆ABC is the required triangle.
5. Now make an acute ∠CBX, below BC.
6. Along BX, mark 4 (∵ 4 ˃ 3 in 3/4) points, B1, B2, B3 and B4 such that, BB1 = BB2 = BB3 = BB4.
7. Join CB4.
8. From B3, draw B3D such that, B3D∥CB3 where D is a point that lies on the line BC.
9. From D, draw ED such that, ED∥AC where E is a point that lies on the line.
∆EBD is the required triangle with the sides that are 3/4 of corresponding sides of ∆ABC.
Cleary by construction,
Rate this question :