Steps of Construction:
1. Draw a line segment AB of length 6. 5cm.
2. Draw a ray AZ making an acute angle with the line AB.
3. As we have to divide the line in the ratio of 4 : 7. So we will make 4 + 7 = 11 points along AZ.
4. Along AZ we mark 11 arcs taking A as starting point for the first, A1 as starting point for second and so on till A11.
5. Join the A11B.
6. With the help of these arcs this line can be divided into 11 equal points.
7. In our case of 4 : 7, we join the 4th point i. e. A4 with the line AB such that the line A4P is parallel to line A11B.
8. P is the required point, the point that divides the line in ratio of 4 : 7.
Length of AP = 2. 4cm (approximately )
Length of PB = 4. 1cm (approximately )
AP+PB = 2. 4+4. 1 = 6. 5 = AB.
Rate this question :