Q. 1 A4.3( 16 Votes )
1. Draw a line segment AX with length greater than (5 + 2.5 = 7.5 cm).
2. From A, mark a point B on AX such that AB = 5 cm and from B mark a point C such that BC = 2.5 cm
3. Draw the perpendicular bisector of AC, such that it cuts AC at O.
4. Taking OA = OC as radius and O as center draw a semicircle.
5. Draw BD ⊥ AC such that, point D lies on the semicircle and
Here, BD is the mean proportional of AB and BC, and By construction AB = 5 cm and BC = 2.5 cm.
With the help of scale, we measure BD = 3.5 cm [Appx]
Rate this question :