Q. 185.0( 1 Vote )
Draw a circle of diameter 12 cm. From a point 10 cm away its centre, construct a pair of tangents to the circle. Measure the length of each tangent segment.
Steps of Construction:
1. Take a point O and draw a circle of radius 6 cm [ i.e. diameter 12 cm]
2. Mark a point P at a distance of 10 cm from O in any direction. Join OP
3. Draw right bisector of OP, intersecting OP at O'
4. Taking O' as center and O'O=O'P as radius, draw a circle to intersect the previous circle at T and T'.
5. Join PT and PT', which are required tangents.
6. Measured PT and PT' by a ruler and we get PT = PT' = 8 cm
Rate this question :