Steps of Construction:
1. With O as a center, draw a circle of radius of 4cm and another circle of radius 6cm.
2. Mark any point A on the bigger circle.
3. Join OA. Draw perpendicular bisector of OA.
4. The perpendicular bisector XY of OA intersects OA at B.
5. With B as center and radius of length OB (or BA), draw a circle.
6. This circle intersects the smaller circle(of radius 4cm) at P and Q.
7. Join AP and AQ.
8. Then AP and AQ are the required tangents.
9. The measured length of AP and AQ is 4. 4cm (approximately).
Rate this question :