Yes, print popularized the ideas of the enlightenment thinkers in the following ways :
1. Debates began among the scholars that the ruling must be done on the basis of reason and not on the customary ideas.
2. More importance was to be given to rationality.
3. The Church was attacked, and the normal social order based on tradition was challenged.
4. Voltaire and Rosseau were among the popular writers. They became famous through their writings, and the people began to see a world based on logic.
5. In conclusion, the writings of thinkers commented and criticized the existing customs and traditions.
Many novels were written that depicted the lives of peasants and low castes such as :
1. Many Bengali novels such as Titash Ekti Nadir Naam depicted their lives. It is an epic by Advaita Malla. It is about a community called Malla that are fishermen and live off from the earnings made at river Titash.
2. Potheri Kunjumbu from Kerala wrote a novel-Saraswativijayam based on the caste oppression.
3. Munshi Premchand wrote many novels which had a wide range of people ranging from aristocrats and landlords to the peasants and other low caste segments of the society. He wrote about the oppression faced by women in the form of child marriage, domestic violence, and dowry practice.
Rate this question :