The seismograph is an instrument that measures seismic waves caused by an earthquake. It consists of a vibrating rod, or a pendulum, which starts vibrating when tremors occur and A pen (stylus) which records the seismic waves on a paper. Figure below shows the typical seismograph.
Preparing Our Model Of Seismograph:
Materials Required: Shoebox, Paper or plastic cup, pencil, scissors, string, sellotape, long paper.
1. Carefully make two holes on the top of the shoebox.
2. Make one hole on the center of the bottom of the plastic or paper cup and two holes on either side of top of the cup.
3. Thread the string through the two holes in the cup and through the hole in the box. Cup should be dangling down inside the box.
4. Tie the string so that the pen rests on the bottom of the box.
5. Carefully make a slit on either side of the bottom of the box and cut a length of paper that will pass through the slits.
6. Pass the paper through the slits. This makes your seismograph as shown in the figure below.
Rate this question :
Which place in AnAP - Physics & Chemistry
What are the measAP - Physics & Chemistry
How do you relateAP - Physics & Chemistry
Which country inAP - Physics & Chemistry
Find out if thereAP - Physics & Chemistry
Identify True orAP - Physics & Chemistry
List three statesAP - Physics & Chemistry
Does your habitatAP - Physics & Chemistry
Name the scale onAP - Physics & Chemistry
Prepare a model oAP - Physics & Chemistry