Q. 125.0( 7 Votes )
Prepare a model of any microorganism. And write a note on them.
A model of amoeba as shown below can be prepared.
Amoeba is a single cell microscopic organism which is found in water bodies.
It always keeps on changing its shape with the help of the pseudopodia. (Pseudo-false and podia-feet) i.e. amoeba have this false feet which help it to continuously change its shape and capture its food.
Being unicellular all functions of amoeba are performed by a single cell.
It consists of the following parts:
● Cell membrane: Cell of amoeba is lined by a thin layer which allows passing of materials through it selectively.
● Pseudopodia: As told above pseudopodia are false feet present in amoeba. These are kind of outgrowths which help it to move, change its shape and capture its food. With the help of pseudopodia it takes its food.
● Cytoplasm: This is the liquid substance present within the cell. It is also responsible for the formation of pseudopodia. The cytoplasm contains nucleus and vacuoles inside it.
● Nucleus: It controls all activities of amoeba. It is also surrounded by a membrane.
● Contractile vacuole: It regulates the quantity of water present in cell.
● Food vacuole: It stores the food taken by amoeba.
Amoeba is also able to cause diseases. It causes disease like amoebiasis.
Rate this question :
Collect more information about scientists who invented and discovered other facts related to Microorganisms. How these discoveries helped mankind? Make a chart presentation and paste it on your classroom wall Magazine.AP - Biology
Visit any bakery or milk chilling center near your school with the help of your teacher or parents. Learn about some techniques to culture and usage of some Microorganisms and prepare a note on them.AP - Biology
How do you observe Lactobacillus bacterium?AP - Biology
What questions would you like to ask your teacher to know about different shapes of Bacteria?AP - Biology
Which organisms are interlinked between living and non living organisms? Why do you think so?AP - Biology