Q. 25.0( 3 Votes )
Pick up a few packaged goods that you want to buy and examine the information given. In what ways are they useful? Is there some information that you think should be given on those packaged goods but is not? Discuss.
The information given on the package can be useful as follows
● Maximum Retail Price (MRP): consumer needs to pay only the price mentioned and not more than that.
● Date of production and best before: it reveals to the consumer whether the product is consumable or not due to its perishability nature.
● Ingredients used: It gives consumer information about the various items used in making the product. Examples are sugar for diabetics and salt for high blood pressure patients. Similarly if the product contains some ingredient which is allergic to the consumer he will not consume that.
● Energy information: it gives information about proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins. It would make the consumer aware of the calories he consumes.
● On products such as medicines and electrical items safe and instructions to use should be mentioned .and method of storage for food items and drugs should be explicitly mentioned in the packaging label.
Rate this question :
While shopping if you insist upon a bill for the purchase made, which three values would you display as a consumer?Together With Social Science
Critically examine the growth of consumer movement in India.
Why are defective or sub-standard goods available in the market? What steps could have been taken by the consumer groups to safeguard the interests of consumers?Together With Social Science
Mention any two ways of exploitation of consumers in the market.Together With Social Science