Q. 14.3( 55 Votes )
On an outline map
1. India has seven major mountain ranges having peaks of over 1000 meters.
• The Karakoram Range is located in the Himalayan Range.
• The Zaskar range is a mountain range in Jammu and Kashmir that separates Zaskar from Ladakh.
• The Pataki Bum and The Jaintia range are located in the Purvanchal Range, the Vindhya Range is the chief holy mountains of India.
• The Aravalli range is the oldest mountain range of India running across Rajasthan and Haryana.
• The Cardamom hills are the hills of southern India, located in southeast Kerala and southwest Tamil Nadu.
• K2 or Mount Godwin-Austen or Chhogori is the second-highest mountain in the world.
• Kanchenjunga is the third tallest mountain in the World.
• Nanga Parbat is the ninth highest mountain peak in the World.
• Anamudi is located in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the highest peak in the Western Ghats and South India.
• Chotanagpur is a plateau in eastern India, which covers much of Jharkhand state as well as adjacent parts of Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar and Chhattisgarh.
• Malwa plateau is a region in north-central India. It is bounded by the Madhya Bharat Plateau and Bundelkhand Upland to the north, the Vindhya Range to the east and south, and the Gujarat Plains to the west.
- The Indian Desert is a large, arid region in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent that forms a natural boundary between India and Pakistan.
- Western Ghats is a mountain range that runs parallel to the western coast of the Indian peninsula, located entirely in India. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Lakshadweep Islands are a group of beautiful islands, located some 400km off India's west coast into the Arabian Sea.
Rate this question :