Q. 225.0( 1 Vote )
‘’No party system is Ideal for all countries in all situation’’. Justify the statements with four arguments.
Parties are essential for democracies to sustain itself.
1. The party system is not chosen by a country by itself.
2. It develops out of the culture and nature of society.
3. Social and economic factors play a crucial role in developing it.
4. Each country develops a party system which suits its circumstances. India chose a multi party system because of its social and geographical diversity which is difficult to be absorbed by two or three political parties.
5. Political parties formulate policies to attain collective good which promotes diversity in opinion.
6. There are many countries who have performed better than democratic nations in many aspects. These nations do not have political parties but have a leader who takes decisions for the welfare of its citizens.
7. There are also monarch or autocratic countries who do not take care of their citizens and takes decisions against their welfare.
Hence we can say that any party system is not perfect, but it is the leaders who make it.
Rate this question :
Why is there of internal democracy within the political parties in India? Explain with examples.Together With Social Science
Why do parties not give enough tickets to women? Which values lack in the above statements?Together With Social Science
Why do political parties involve partisanship?Full Marks - Social Science
Which three challenges do you feel are being faced by political parties in India? Give your opinion.Social Science - Board Papers