Q. 234.3( 12 Votes )
No party system is ideal for all countries and all situations:
1. No party system comes by choice. It evolves over time depending on each country’s history.
2. Social and regional divisions play a major role in the evolution of a party system. The diversity gets reflected in the system.
3. Party systems don’t change easily because it depends on the society of a country and its political history. Hence new systems can also come up with time.
4. For example, China has a one-party system and the USA has a two-party system. Some countries including India have a multi-party system.
5. India adopted a multi-party system because of its social and geographical diversity and the colonial history.
Explanation: Party systems vary from country to country and society to society. The various factors that lead to its development are not uniform throughout the world.
Rate this question :