Q. 125.0( 1 Vote )
Nearly all major multinational are American, Japanese or European, such as Nike, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Honda, and Nokia. Can you guess, why?
Multi-National Corporations are large companies established in a particular country and has offices, markets and produces and sells its products in many countries. They try to integrate and control the production across countries where close markets, low labour and high profits are earned. Nearly all major multinational are American, Japanese or European. The main reason for the dominance of developed countries as MNCs are:
• Large size: MNCs are huge organisations that own and control huge resources in terms of capital, technology, people and information. They have large physical and financial assets and bulk sales. They are very mammoth organisations whose monthly budget may even surpass the annual budget of countries. Such a massive quantity of resources can be amassed by developed countries.
• Multi-country operations: MNCs operate in many different countries. They have a very vast marketing network. Their assets may be diversified in many countries. Thus they carry out their production, marketing and sales in many countries, even in all the continents. Only developed countries like America, Japan or Europe has the potential in terms of resources and management to ensure these large scale operations.
• Sophisticated technology and professional management: MNCs will always have highly sophisticated and advanced techniques and technology for production. The will always develop newer cost-reducing methods of production through consistent spending in research and development. Also, they employ the most efficient and professional staffs to handle the organisation. This helps them to reap huge profits. Only developed countries like America, Japan or Europe has the potential in terms of resources and management to ensure rapid technological developments.
• Mighty organisations: Mostly MNCs are very powerful organisations who try to retain their economic and political powers through consistent mergers and acquisitions. They may have some degree of monopoly due to economic and technical advantage. Only the developed countries have an influence because of their political and economic power to influence the decision of other economies.
Rate this question :
Nearly all major multinational are American, Japanese or European, such as Nike, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Honda, and Nokia. Can you guess, why?Together With Social Science
Give some examples of industries in which MNCs have been interested.Together With Social Science
How do the local companies start to gain by setting up production jointly with the MNCs? Why do MNCs sometimes buy up local companies?Full Marks - Social Science
What is globalisation? Describe the role of Multinational Corporations (MNCs) in promoting globalisation process.Social Science - Board Papers
What is the meaning of ‘investment’?Social Science - Board Papers
Note: The following questions are for the visually impaired candidates only, in lieu of Q No. 30:
1. In which state is Ankleshwar oil field located?
2. In which state is Durgapur iron and steel plant located?
3. Name the southernmost major seaport of India.
On the given political outline map of India locate and label the following with appropriate symbols:
B. Durgapur—Iron and steel plant
C. Tuticorin—Major seaport
Three features A, B, and C are marked on the given political outline map of India. Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the lines marked on the map:
A. The place where the Indian National Congress Session was held.
B. The place associated with the Peasant’s Satyagraha.
C. The city associated with the Jallianwala Bagh incident.
Social Science - Board Papers
Explain the role of multinational corporations in the globalization process.Social Science - Board Papers
How are local companies benefitted by collaborating with multinational companies? Explain with examples.Social Science - Board Papers