Revolutionary principles of administration by Napoleon:
1. The Napoleonic Code of 1804 removed privileges by birth. Everyone was equal before the law and got the right to property. The code was used in regions under French control.
2. The feudal system was abolished and peasants were freed from serfdom and manorial dues.
3. Transport and communication system was improved.
4. Guild restrictions were removed in towns. Artisan, peasants, businessmen, and workers found a new freedom for doing their work.
5. Uniform laws, standardized weights, and measures along with a common currency made exchange and movement of goods far easier.
Napoleon’s rule was authoritarian with no scope of democracy. But his administrative measures were very clever and just. It had facilitated people’s lives especially the lower-class of people like the peasants, artisans, and workers. His reforms were one proof of his brilliance.
Rate this question :