Q. 2 D3.7( 14 Votes )
Name the Vedas.</
Vedas are the compilation of the Aryans who were the early Indo-European tribe. The Vedas deal with the worship of nature, performing yoga etc., The Vedas are also called Samhithe. The text Brahmana in Samhithe explains the procedures of performing various rituals. Aranyakas and Upanishads are the two parts of Brahmanas. Aranyakas consists of instructions to the sages and hermits who mainly live in the forests. Upanishads are based on philosophy.
1. Rig-Veda, Yajur-Veda, Sama-Veda, and Atharva-Veda are the four Vedas.
2. Rig-Veda is the oldest among all Vedas. Rig-Veda has about 1028 prayer songs which are called as Sukthas.
3. Yajur-Veda is named after the priest Adhvaryu which means one who recites the yajus sutras. Yajur-Veda has two parts, Black and White. The Black part is called Krishna and the White part is called Shukla.
4. Sama-Veda is named after the priest Samaan. This Veda comprises of the slokas which are generally recited during Yagnas.
5. Atharva-Veda is named after Atharvan. The size and content of Atharva-Veda are almost equal to the Rig-veda.
The period between 1500 BCE and 700 BCE is known as the Vedic period. The first Vedic period is also known as the Rig-Veda period which is from 1500-1000 BCE. The second Vedic period is from 1000-700 BCE.
Rate this question :
How was the naturKarnataka Board - History
Name the professiKarnataka Board - History
Prepare a plan ofKarnataka Board - History
Read few storiesKarnataka Board - History
Write on the specKarnataka Board - History