• Endosperm and embryo are the two end products of double fertilization.
• One of male gametes fuse with the nucleus of an egg cell by completing syngamy which results in a zygote.
• The other male gametes fuse with two polar nuclei which produce a triploid primary endosperm nucleus (PEN).
• Double fertilization called since in embryo sac two types of fusion takes place.
• After triple fusion, the cental cell becomes the primary endosperm cell (PEC) and develops into the endosperm whereas the zygote develops into an embryo.
Rate this question :