Name the structures involved in the protection of the brain.
• The human brain is protected by the skull.
• Inside the skull, there are cranial meninges that cover the brain.
• The cranial meninges is made up of three layers, namely – Duramater (outer layer), Arachnoid (middle layer) and Pia mater (inner layer which is in contact with the brain).
• Duramater is thick, tough, fibrous membrane
• Arachnoid is a membrane with spider-like structure.
• Piamater is a very thin, delicate and vascular membrane.
• The space between duramater and arachnoid is called subdural space.
• The space between arachnoid and piamater is called subarachnoid space. It is filled cerebrospinal fluid which acts as cushion for CNS from shock.
Rate this question :
Our reaction like aggressive behaviour, use of abusive words, restlessness etc. are regulated by brain, name the parts involved.Biology - Exemplar
Name the parts of human forebrain indicating their respective functions.Biology - Exemplar
Name the structures involved in the protection of the brain.Biology - Exemplar
What do grey and white matter in the brain represent?Biology - Exemplar
Where is the hunger centre located in human brain?Biology - Exemplar
An area in the brain which is associated with strong emotions isBiology - Exemplar