Q. 185.0( 2 Votes )
The enzyme present in infants but absent in adults is Rennin.
• It helps in digesting milk proteins in the body of the infants.
• The infants or the newly born child cannot digest the complex food we adults eat. Hence, their only source of energy and nutrition is the milk, either the mother’s milk or the formula.
• In order to digest the milk protein, a special milk protein-digesting enzyme is present in the infants which are called Rennin.
• The adults do not consume such a huge amount of milk. And the small amount of milk that they consume can be broken down by the action of protein-digesting enzyme pepsin.
• Hence, rennin is present in infants but absent in adults.
Rate this question :