The developmental stage that gets implanted in a pregnant human female is blastocyst in uterus.
The following events lead to implantation:
- Fertilisation results in the formation of a diploid zygote.
- As zygote moves through the uterus, mitotic divisions occur in the zygote that form 2, 4, 8, 16 daughter cells called blastomeres.
- The embryo with 8-16 blastomeres is known as morula.
- Morula continues to divide and then transforms into blastocyst;
- Blastomeres of blastocyst get arranged into an outer layer called trophoblast and inner cells called inner cell mass.
- Trophoblast layer of blastocyst gets attached to the endometrium while inner cell mass differentiate to form embryo.
- After attachment, the uterine cells divide rapidly and cover the blastocyst to become embedded in the endometrium of the uterus. This is called Implantation and pregnancy starts after implantation.
Rate this question :