Q. 14.0( 3 Votes )
Name some h
Human activities that pollute the water:-
• Garbage being dumped in the woods, near the streams and rivers causes pollute groundwater as well as surface water and land area.
• Chemical wastes that are produced from the industries are washed away in the rivers or lakes. For example, Delhi and Bangalore are facing the problem of froth formation in rivers due to chemical effluents.
• Animal wastes, fertilizers of the agricultural grounds are responsible for water pollution. As it adds ammonia and nitrates in the local rivers or water bodies and lands.
• Deposition of landfills by the garbage also causes water pollution and land pollution.
Measures were taken to mitigate water and land degradation:
• Proper drainage of chemical effluents from factories.
• Use of biodegradable things in daily life, and avoid plastic contents.
• Use of proper technology to dump the garbage.
• Carry out a land risk assessment for manure and slurry.
Rate this question :