Q. 55.0( 2 Votes )
Name 5 pressure g
People adopt various ways to make the government listen to their demand. One such way is to form a group and promote their views or demands. These groups are known as pressure groups or interest groups. The five pressure groups of India are –
• Bharatiya Kisan Union – it was founded in 1979 and is an Indian Farmers’ representative organisation.
• Harijan Sevak Sangh – it was founded in 1932 by Mahatma Gandhi to remove the practice of untouchability completely and to work for the betterment of the Harijans or Dalit.
• Narmada Bachao Andolan – it is a social movement to stand against the construction of the dam around the Narmada river.
• Chipko movement – the people hugged the trees so it could prevent contractors to cut the trees and the movement came to be known as ‘Chipko movement.’
• Women Rights Organisation – women, worked together to promote gender equality.
Rate this question :