The benefits of the association are:
• Glomus is the genus of Fungi.
• The members of the genus Glomus forms symbiotic associations with the roots of the higher plants.
• This association is known as mycorrhiza.
• The fungal part of the association helps in absorption of phosphorus from the soil and then passes it to the plant.
• The plants with which glomus forms association also becomes resistance to root borne pathogens.
• Such plants even become tolerant to salinity and drought.
• Glomus increases the plant growth and development.
• Hence, application of the fungal genus, Glomus, to the agricultural farm increase the farm output.
Hence, the association is beneficial to each member.
Rate this question :