Q. 75.0( 2 Votes )
Match the princip
1) Economic and social council- C) Looks into the economic and social welfare of the member countries
ECOSOC i.e. the Economic and social council is UN’s principal platform for debates and discussion over various economic and social issues and sustainable development.
2) International Court of Justice- E) Resolves disputes between and among member countries
It is the primary judicial branch of the UN for solving disputes between various states.
3) International Atomic Energy Agency- D) Safety and peaceful use of nuclear technology
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy, and to inhibit its use for any military purpose, including nuclear weapons.
4) Security Council- B) Preservation of international peace and security
The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with the maintenance of international peace and security.
5) UN High Commission for Refugees- F) Provides shelter and medical help during emergencies
UNHCR is a United Nations programme mandated to protect and support refugees.
6) World Trade Organisation- J) Facilitates free trade among member countries
The WTO is an international organisation set up in 1995 to frame rules for world trade.
7) International Monetary Fund- A) Oversees the global financial system
IMF is an international body that looks after those financial institutions and regulations that act at international level.
8) General Assembly- G) Debates and discusses global issues
The general assembly is an assembly of all the member nations of the UN and debates and discussions regarding worldly issues are discussed here.
9) World Health Organisation- I) Providing good health for all
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health.
10) Secretariat- H) Administration and coordination of UN affairs
It is one of the 6 major organs of the UN and is the executive arm of the UN.
Rate this question :