Q. 233.8( 5 Votes )
Solar heater/cooker is exceptionally good medium to use solar energy. It is a conventional source of energy which reduces the consumption of non-conventional sources of energy like coal, natural gas etc.
Steps included to make a solar heater/cooker are:
• Take a wooden box which has handle for transportation and a lid is attached with this box with double hinges.
• Cover the inner side of the lid with aluminum foil/concave mirror which will act as a reflector. It will reflect the rays of the sun.
• Line the bottom of the box with black construction paper—black absorbs heat. The black surface is where the food will be set to cook.
• Affix glass plate on the inner side of the box in order to insulate the wooden box so that heat is trapped in the box.
• Place the food to be cooked inside the box and turn the reflector lid towards the sun.
Rate this question :