Q. 44.2( 6 Votes )
Make a list of the institutes and organizations that provide help for disaster management. Collect more information about their work.
Here is a list of some institutes and organizations, and the work they do to provide help for disaster management :
● Hope Worldwide-It is an international charity that changes lives by harnessing the compassion and commitment of dedicated staff and volunteers to deliver sustainable, high-impact, community-based services to the poor and needy.
● NECHAMA – It is a voluntary organization that provides natural disaster preparedness, response, and recovery services nationwide. Through the years, they have brought comfort to disaster survivors by training and mobilizing thousands of volunteers to help communities in the aftermath of floods, tornadoes, and other natural disasters.
● United Methodist Committee on Relief-The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is a non-profit organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering around the globe. UMCOR work includes programs and projects in disaster response, health, sustainable agriculture, food security, relief supplies, and much more.
● Plan India-Plan India, a member of Plan International Federation, is a nationally registered independent child development organization committed to creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children, their families, and communities.
● Save The Children- In 2015, it presented the world with unprecedented challenges. Thanks to their incredible generosity, Save the Children responded to 99 humanitarian crises in 59 countries, directly reaching 13.8 million people, including 7.1 million children.
● CARE-CARE International is a global confederation of 14 member organizations working together to end poverty caused by conflict and natural disaster.
● Global Giving-Global Giving is the first and largest global crowd funding community for nonprofits.
● International Relief Teams-International Relief Teams (IRT) is a top-rated non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering worldwide and in the United States. IRT specializes in two complementary sets of activities: disaster response and building healthy communities.
● Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-they work with partner organizations worldwide to tackle critical problems in four program areas. Their Global Development Division for instance works to help the world’s poorest people lift themselves out of hunger and poverty which are often caused by natural disaster.
● ICCO –It is the interchurch organization for development cooperation. They work towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being; a world free from poverty and injustice.
● Relief International-Relief International is a non-profit organization whose sole mission is to reduce human suffering. They respond to natural disasters, humanitarian emergencies, and chronic poverty. They are non-sectarian and non-political.
● WHO-The World Health Organization (WHO) helps protect those displaced by natural and man-made disasters from the ravages of disease.
● World Vision-they are continuously building relationships, by planning and working alongside local leaders. They are finding solutions to change the future for kids and the next generation.
Rate this question :