Q. 404.1( 14 Votes )
List the uses of neon and argon gases.
Uses of Argon:
1) Argon is used in gas-filled electric lamps due to its inert property.
2) It is used in laboratories to handle air-sensitive substances.
3) It is used to provide an inert temperature in a high metallurgical process.
Uses of Neon:
1) It is used in beacon lights
2) It is filled in discharge tubes with characteristic colours.
3) It is mixed with helium to protect electrical appliances from high voltage.
Rate this question :
Match the items of Columns I and II and mark the correct option.
Chemistry - Exemplar