Q. 5 B5.0( 3 Votes )
Answer in brief.<
The following are some of the features of Tamil Nadu Panchayat Raj Act, 1994
1. It opted for a three tier system of Panchayati Raj- with Gram Panchayat at the village level, and Panchayat samiti and Zilla Parishad, at the district level. Only gram Panchayat is directly elected.
2. It installed the institution of Gram Sabha- a body constituted by all the people of the village. It meets regularly and takes decision with voting. It is presided over the Panchs and the sarpanch.
3. Establish State Election Commission, for the regular and free and fair conduct of panchayati elections.
4. Establishing an analogous State Finance Commission.
5. Providing reservations to SCs, STs, OBCs and women in the seats at each level of the Panchayati Raj
6. Constitution of District Planning Committees, for grass root involvement of public in development.
Rate this question :