Q. 44.3( 18 Votes )
List out the land
The landforms due to the river works are mentioned below:
1.WATERFALL: A waterfall is formed when there is a change of rock type from a highly resistant rock to a less resistant rock, on the course of the river leading to erosion.
2. V- SHAPED VALLEY: A valley is a portion formed between two mountains. formed due to the erosion by river and weathering.
3. MEANDERS: A meander is formed due to the general turns or bends in a river.
4. OXBOW LAKES: An oxbow lake is formed from a meander. When the deposits near a meander increases, the loops tend to come closer. Eventually, this loop cuts off from the river and forms its own lake called the oxbow lake.
5. GORGE: A gorge is formed when a river cuts down a valley with steep sides. For example, the Byson Gorge in Andhra Pradesh and Indus Gorge in Kashmir.
6. CANYON: A canyon is as deep as a gorge but is wider at the top than at the bottom.
7. DELTA: A delta is a depositional landform at the point where a river reaches the sea.
Other landforms formed by river work are leeves, floodplains and braided channel.
Rate this question :
Find the odd outTelangana Board - Social Science
Draw the map of wTelangana Board - Social Science
Read the para undTelangana Board - Social Science
How is the humanTelangana Board - Social Science
How are Beaches fTelangana Board - Social Science
Draw a table as gTelangana Board - Social Science
Why are GlaciersTelangana Board - Social Science
How is the lithosTelangana Board - Social Science
How are the contiTelangana Board - Social Science
List out the landTelangana Board - Social Science