There are five generation of computer. They are listed as below-
1. First Generation (1940-1956) : In this computers vaccum tubes where used in circuitry and magnetic drums for storage of memory.
2. Second generation (1956-1963): In this generation the vaccum tubes where replaced by the by transistors.
3. Third generation (1964-1971): By this phase, transistors were now being miniaturised and put on silicon chips (called semiconductors). This led to a massive increase in speed and efficiency of these machines.
4. Fourth Generation (1972-2010): In this generation, the whole computer elements such as CPU, memory, input output controls were summed up in a chip known as a microprocessor. This microprocessors was first developed by Intel.
5. Fifth generation (2010-ongoing): Now computers with artificial intelligence are made which can successfully predict the natural languages and can even have the capability to learn and interpret by themselves.
Rate this question :