Q. 3 D4.4( 8 Votes )
Answer each of th
Retail traders are a part of the business community in a country. Retail traders operate either through permanent shops or as mobile traders moving from place to place. The different retail traders are as follows –
1) Permanent shops – these are fixed in location and carry out trade through their location.
2) Mobile traders – these traders do not have a fixed location of operation. They include
• Hawkers – these traders carry the goods physically and make door to door sales mostly of perishable products like, vegetables, fruits etc.
• Peddlers – these traders carry a variety of goods on carts and make door-to-door sales.
• Street traders – these traders’ sale their goods on footpaths but are often forced to change location by the authorities.
• Market sellers – these traders sit in designated market areas which often occur on a weekly basis in rural areas. These weekly markets are also utilized by others who gather there to barter for their requirements.
Rate this question :