The working of air brakes uses many component system like engine , compressor ,Storage tank, Main Control Device ,Brake Chamber & Drum Brake.
● First of all the compressor takes the power from the engine to compress the atmospheric air.
● After air compression the air is stored in storage tank. It also regulates the pressure of the tank.
● There exist a main control Device which regulates the pressure of air which allows to change the brake intensity.
● After this the Brake chamber is their which basically converts air pressure into mechanical force. It act as return device when brake is released.
● Then finally the Drum Brake creates friction ,which stops the wheels of the vehicle.
The layout of air break is given in the figure.
Rate this question :