Asexual reproduction is the kind of reproduction in which only one parent is involved, which reproduces asexually to produce similar young ones. Vegetative reproduction is also a type of asexual reproduction because of the following reasons.
1. It involves only one parent.
2. Clone formation takes place that is the young one is exact copy of the parent.
3. No gamete formation takes place.
4. The off spring has the same genetic composition as the parent.
5. Only mitotic division takes place.
These evidences prove that vegetative reproduction is a type of asexual reproduction.
Rate this question :