Q. 2 C5.0( 2 Votes )
Read the extracts and answer the questions that follow:
"It was a starting question coming from that ragged old man on the street’
1. Where was the narrator when he was drawn into the conversation?
2. Give a brief description of the old man
3. Why was the narrator perplexed by the question?
1. The narrator was sitting on the litchi tree, which grew in the garden of his house.
2. The old beggar had a flowing white beard and piercing grey eyes, and he spoke to the narrator in English.
3. As the question was quite personal, and was asked in the English language by a beggar on the other side of the garden wall, the narrator was a little perplexed.
Rate this question :