Q. 35.0( 2 Votes )
Is it possible to extract petroleum from under the sea?
Yes, it is possible to extract petroleum from under the sea. Petroleum was formed from dead organisms remain in the sea. Their bodies settled down at the bottom of the sea. The bodies got covered with layers of sand and clay. Over millions of years in the absence of air, high temperature and pressure changed the dead organisms into petroleum.
Rate this question :
What is petroleum? Where does petroleum occur?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Complete the crossword Fig. 5.2 with the help of the clues:
1. Fuels obtained from dead remains of living organisms. (6,5)
2. A process by which the various constituents of petroleum are separated. (8)
3. A porous black substance obtained from coal. (4)
4. Another name for motor fuel. (6)
5. The substance obtained by carbonization. (4)
6. Fuel for heavy motor vehicles. (6)
7. A petroleum product used for road surfacing. (7)
8. Dead remains of sea animals got converted into it. (9)NCERT - Science Exemplar
Write some important uses of the various constituents of petroleum.NCERT - Science Exemplar
Match the items given in Column I with the items of Column II.
NCERT - Science Exemplar
The fossil fuel P is formed under the earth by the decomposition of vegetable matter lying under water by the action of anaerobic bacteria. The major component of fuel P is Q. The fossil fuel P is used as a source of gas R needed to manufacture nitrogenous fertilizers. When P is filled in metal cylinders and used as a fuel in motor vehicles, it is called S. What are P, Q, R and S?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
State one use each of the following products of petroleum.
(a) Bitumen (b) Petroleum gasAll in One - Science
Write the use of lubricating oil.All in One - Science
Write the importance of petrochemicals.All in One - Science
Write the name of a petro-product used in dry cleaning.All in One - Science
Is it possible to extract petroleum from under the sea?All in One - Science