Q. 44.4( 133 Votes )
Is it important to increase the area under irrigation? Why?
Yes, it is important to increase the area under irrigation.
Increasing the area under cultivation is important for following reasons:
1. Because the rainfall is neither certain nor adequate.
2. Crops such as rice, wheat, sugarcane require adequate and regular supply of water.
3. Plenty of water is needed for HYV seeds.
4. Increase in irrigation facilities will increase the productivity as it will be helpful in growing multiple crops.
Rate this question :
Identify the work being done on the field in the pictures (given below) and arrange them in a proper sequence.
1. Cutting of crops
2. Spraying of insecticides
3. Cultivation by traditional method
4. Ploughing the field by bullock.
6. Cultivation by modern method.NCERT - Economics