Q. 184.0( 8 Votes )
‘Irrigation is ne
Irrigation is the process through which a controlled amount of water is supplied through artificial means such as pipes, ditches, sprinklers etc.
the main objectives of irrigation systems are to help agricultural crop growth, landscape maintenance, reduce the effect of inadequate rainfall etc. Therefore, irrigation is very important.
1. Agriculture is often greatly hampered due to irregular, insufficient rain. Proper irrigation systems can secure crops.
2. The productivity of irrigated land is more than the un-irrigated land.
3. Seeds cannot grow in dry soil as moisture is necessary for the germination of seeds. With the help of irrigation supply, the required moisture content of soil for the growth of seed can be ensured.
4. Through the irrigation, it is possible to supply the required amount of hydrogen & oxygen, which is important for the proper development of plant root.
5. A plant can absorb mineral nutrients from the irrigated soil. Thus irrigation is essential for the general growth of the plant
Rate this question :