Q. 93.5( 2 Votes )
Integration of various princely states into the new Indian nation was a challenging task. Discuss.
At the time of independence India was totally disunified and was scattered as princely states. Therefore the formation of the Indian nation was a challenging task.
The conditions in India at the time of independence were:
1) 554 princely states, having different types of revenue sharing arrangements with the British
2) several colonial enclaves controlled by France and Portugal
3) the princely states with complete internal self-government
4) the existence of divine rights of kings
5) issues in border-states
The challenging task to form new Indian nation included:
1) the complete political integration
2) merging smaller states to the administrative system
3) full and exclusive jurisdiction
4) democratization, constitutionalization, and centralization of all the states
5) Reorganization of all sectors of life.
Rate this question :
How were workers and peasants mobilized during the last years of freedom struggle?Telangana Board - Social Science
Integration of various princely states into the new Indian nation was a challenging task. Discuss.Telangana Board - Social Science
What were the different ways in which religion was used in politics before Partition?Telangana Board - Social Science
How did Partition affect the lives of ordinary people? What was the political response to mass migration following Partition?Telangana Board - Social Science
Which qualities do you like in Subhash Chandra Bose? Why.Telangana Board - Social Science
What were the different ways in which power sharing among different communities was organized before Partition?Telangana Board - Social Science
Given the brutal manner in which particular communities like Jews and others were treated many, do you think it would have been morally right to support Germany or Japan?Telangana Board - Social Science
Make a list of various reasons for the Partition of the country.Telangana Board - Social Science
Locate the following in the political map of India.
a) Kashmir b) Hyderabad c) Junagarh
d) Bengal e) TelanganaTelangana Board - Social Science