Q. 374.0( 15 Votes )

Intake of small quantity of methanol can be lethal. Comment.

Answer :

If methanol is taken in large quantities, it gets converted into methanal or formaldehyde. This substance coagulates the cells of the body and blocks the optic nerve thus causing blindness. It is toxic and cancer-causing too. It is naturally present in small quantities in fruits and in human body.


Rate this question :

How useful is this solution?
We strive to provide quality solutions. Please rate us to serve you better.
Related Videos
Carbon And its Uniqueness26 mins
Quiz | Solve Imp. Qs. of Carbon27 mins
Know About Carbon & Its Amazing Properties33 mins
Champ Quiz | Ecosystem and its components42 mins
Indicators and its Types44 mins
Agriculture and its Importance35 mins
Relative Motion and its study59 mins
Cancer and Its Treatment42 mins
Globalisation and its Impact29 mins
Industries and its Importance37 mins
Try our Mini CourseMaster Important Topics in 7 DaysLearn from IITians, NITians, Doctors & Academic Experts
Dedicated counsellor for each student
24X7 Doubt Resolution
Daily Report Card
Detailed Performance Evaluation
view all courses