Q. 253.8( 10 Votes )
India is a secular country. Justify the statement.
India is a secular state:
• The term secular was added to the Preamble of India by the 42nd Constitutional Amendment Act.
• According to Art 14- The state cannot deny any person equality before the law.
• Art 16- The State cannot discriminate any citizen on the grounds of religion.
• Art 25- All persons have the right to freely profess and propagate any religion.
• There is no national language or religion, every religion is treated equally.
• The Constitution provides freedom to the citizens to profess any religion.
• Constitution prohibits discrimination on the grounds of religion.
• The state can interfere in religious matters if it does not promote equality.
The makers of the Constitution wanted to avoid communalism and hence went for making India a secular nation where all the religion, communities are treated equally.
Rate this question :
“Secularism is not an ideology of some political parties or persons, but it is one of the
foundations of our country.” Examine the statement.Social Science - Board Papers
Do you think that religion should be the basis of nation? If not why? Explain.Together With Social Science
Explain social equality in Indian context.Together With Social Science
List the negative effect of communalism.Together With Social Science
State any two situation in which problem of communalism becomes acute.Together With Social Science
State any two situations in which the problem of communalism becomes acute.Full Marks - Social Science
What do you mean by Communal Politics?Together With Social Science
Give the meaning of religious differences.Together With Social Science
Examine briefly communalism as an ideology and as a social phenomena.Together With Social Science